This is a tool to aid beginner guitarists to develop a musical ear when trying to learn guitar. Think of it as the first step towards transcribing.
It is based on justinguitar.com JUSTIN ear training exercises from Beginners Course and it works best with that course.
- Uses real guitar samples, no MIDI stuff (community contributed)
- Practice your chord recognition by taking quizzes. Two modes available: Single Sound Recognition and Chord Progression Recognition.
- Fully customizable: record or import sound samples for whatever chords or sounds you want to train and create exercises based on those chords
- Since it's very flexible you can use it for any instrument you want. You just need to import/record the sound samples and create your exercises.
- Record and display statistics about your progress
Checkout the screenshots below:
Watch a quick video introduction (Play in HD!):